What’s all the hoopla about?
When the millage was passed, we made a promise that the largest portion of the additional funds would be used on acquiring digital media. One way that we decided to do that was to reinstate a beloved application, Hoopla. Hoopla is a web and mobile library media streaming platform for comics, movies, music, and TV. We will not be offering e-books or digital audiobooks through Hoopla this time; please continue to use Overdrive/Libby for those digital materials. Through Hoopla, patrons have access to its collection of digital media and can check out 5 items per month. Services are available as of January 12; you can now log into your old account or create a new one.
To sign up for a Hoopla Digital Account go to hoopladigital.com and then follow these steps:
(Note: This process won’t work until our Hoopla service is live sometime in mid-to-late January.)
- Click Log In.
- If you are new to hoopla, click Sign Up Now.
- Choose your Library or Search for Central Arkansas Library System.
- Fill out the following information to set up an account: Click on Sign Up Now
- Email address
- Re-type email address to validate
- Create a password
- Re-enter password to validate
- Enter your CALS Card number
- Enter your CALS Card PIN (security code)
You can also register and access media via the Hoopla Digital Mobile App.
Find the hoopla Digital Mobile App and download it FOR FREE by searching your device’s App Store, then follow the instructions for signing up in the app.