All CALS libraries have public meeting facilities. Each location schedules meetings and events individually. Please contact the location of your choice for scheduling, questions, and policies concerning the meeting rooms.
No library facilities may be used for the immediate point of purchase to sell goods, merchandise, or services, or to directly or indirectly promote a business enterprise or to solicit clientele. The facility may be used for fund-raising by organizations with a 501(c)3 status provided they submit appropriate documentation. Candidates for political office, or persons involved in issue oriented campaigns may use branch meeting facilities provided fund-raising events do not occur on library premises.
Library Square Facilities & Eligibility Requirements
Library Square meeting rooms are located in three separate buildings: Roberts Library, Cox Building/Rock It! Lab, and Main Library which includes the Darragh Center. While smaller meeting rooms are free, a non-refundable fee of $200 is required to reserve the Cox Building, or to reserve the Darragh Center for social events. More details about the rooms in each building are included below. To reserve the Cox Building 3rd floor meeting room, contact the Rock It! Lab (501-320-5748). For all other rooms in Library Square, located at 100 Rock Street in Little Rock’s River Market District, contact Madelyn Ganos or call (501) 918-3030. After calling to request a room you may fill out this form to complete your room reservation; the form also includes a complete list of guidelines for use of the Main Library meeting facilities and mixed-use / special events facilities.
Main Library Hours are Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. All rooms in the Main Library and other Library Square facilities are to be used for non-social meetings during normal hours of operation and all meetings must end 15 minutes prior to normal closing. For showers, or other casual social events, please contact the branch libraries.
Main Library Room Details
- East Room
- Accommodates up to 30.
- Fribourgh Room
- Accommodates up to 25. Light refreshments, including box lunches, are allowed. Room has access to a sink and counter with outlet for coffee maker, etc. Dry erase board, corkboard, AV screen and LCD projector available. Free to eligible users.
- Darragh Center
- Accommodates 50-100, depending on seating style, features include a large screen, podium with microphone, and kitchen.
- East Room
Roberts Library meeting room hours are 10:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
The Roberts Library meeting spaces are free and open to the public. A non-refundable $50 refreshment fee, payable within 7 business days, is required to reserve the above mentioned meeting rooms for any event or meeting in which food/refreshments will be served. A four-hour time limit will be imposed, which includes set up and clean up. Patrons may elect to book 2 four-hour time blocks back-to-back and pay an additional $50 refreshment fee.
No library facilities may be used for the immediate point of purchase to sell goods, merchandise, or services, or to directly or indirectly promote a business enterprise or to solicit clientele.
Roberts Library Room Details
- Room 124
- This space is located on the first floor of the building on the east side. The same A/V features are available as are listed in the description of Room 110, with the addition of microphones and four listening assistance devices. This space will accommodate approximately 30 classroom style and approximately 50 theater style. Catering is allowed. There is an adjacent warming room that has a microwave, refrigerator, and icemaker, along with a center serving island. Room size: 37’x28′
- Room 132
- This room is on the building’s east side. Features include an 80″ LCD-TV with integrated audio system, and tabletop laptop output. A boardroom-style table seats 8 to 10 people. Room size: 25’x13′
- Room 204
- Located on the second floor of the Porbeck & Bowman building portion of the building, this room features unique and historic features, along with a portable 80″ LCD-TV with integrated audio system, and tabletop laptop output. A boardroom-style table seats 13 people. Light refreshments, such as boxed lunches, are allowed. Room size: 36’x21′
Rock It! Lab
The Rock It! Lab has one meeting space, which is free and open to the public. Rock It! Lab meeting room hours are 10:00 a.m. until 4:45 p.m., Monday through Saturday. There is no access to the building before 10:00 a.m., so please allow for adequate time to set up before your meeting start time. All regular meetings must end 15 minutes prior to the meeting room’s closing time.
Rock It! Lab Meeting Room Details
- Third Floor Room
- The Third Floor room can accommodate up to 45. Equipped with whiteboard, laser projector, drop down screen, podium microphone (lapel microphone and hand microphone available), sound system with 6 speakers, and touch screen power and volume control. Projector inputs include HDMI, DVI, mini display port, mini c HDMI, and micro d HDMI. Refreshments, including box lunches, are allowed. Free to eligible users.
Parking at Library Square
A 1/2 off discount is available to scheduled meeting room users for both the surface lot and library deck during library hours. After all members of the group have arrived, a group may designate one person to retrieve a “1/2 off” stamp from the Security Office in the front lobby to take back and stamp participants’ tickets. Following the meeting, participants should see the staff person at the desk to obtain a 1/2 off library parking discount sticker to place on their ticket. Participants must have a sticker to receive the discount at gate checkout.
Branch Library Facilities & Eligibility Requirements
CALS Branch Libraries each have a furnished room that may be scheduled for meetings and events. Management approval is required for after hours access, if allowed. Not all event types are appropriate for each location. A Branch Library Meeting Facilities Registration Form must be submitted to the appropriate location prior to a group’s first meeting. Please call to inquire or schedule a room at the location of your choice.
Meeting spaces are free and open to the public. A non-refundable $50 refreshment fee, payable within 7 business days, is required to reserve the above mentioned meeting rooms for any event or meeting in which food/refreshments will be served. A four-hour time limit will be imposed, which includes set up and clean up. Patrons may elect to book 2 four-hour time blocks back-to-back and pay an additional $50 refreshment fee.
Children’s Library & Learning Center
4800 W. 10th St., Little Rock, AR 72204
The meeting room can accommodate 30 seated. Maximum capacity is 50. The number depends on how the room is set up and how many tables are utilized. The room has 6 rectangular tables that seat 4-6 people. There is access to a small kitchen with a sink, refrigerator, and counter space. A projector is present in the room, on which you can hook up your own laptop and run presentations or DVDs; there is a pull down projector screen.
10200 Johnson Dr., Sherwood, AR 72120
This room seats 40 with a maximum capacity of 140. Includes 8 rectangular tables, a TV, white board (markers, eraser available upon request); kitchen with sink counter space and microwave oven.
10 Lakepoint Dr., Maumelle, AR 72113
The meeting room can accommodate up to 50. Access to small kitchen with refrigerator, microwave, sink, and large coffee maker. Complete AV system available.
Dee Brown Library
6325 Baseline Rd., Little Rock, AR 72209
The meeting room can accommodate up to 60. Access to small kitchen with sink and refrigerator. TV with VCR/DVD, and small marker board available.
2100 John Barrow Rd., Little Rock, AR 72204
The meeting room can accommodate up to 50 seated with a max capacity of 120. Access to kitchen with sink and microwave. Complete AV system as well as separate TV with VHS/DVD available.
823 N. Buchanan St., Little Rock, AR 72201
Meeting Room A can accommodate up to 18; dry erase board and AV monitor are available. Meeting Room B can accommodate up to 15; dry erase board and AV monitor are available. Community Room can accommodate up to 65 with access to warming kitchen with sink, microwave, oven/stove, and refrigerator/freezer; dry erase board and AV monitor are available.
1800 Chester St., Little Rock, AR 72206
The meeting room can accommodate up to 40. Access to kitchen with sink. TV with VCR/DVD, overhead projector, and screen available.
2015 Napa Valley Dr., Little Rock, AR 72212
The meeting room can accommodate up to 45. Access to microwave and sink. Dry erase board and overhead projector with projector screen available.
11 Otter Creek Ct., Little Rock, AR 72210
The meeting room can accommodate up to 36 seated with max capacity of 40. Features a projector with laptop hookup. The kitchen area provides access to a sink, refrigerator, and microwave.