CALS is happy to offer several resources to meet our community members where they are.
These services are consistently available, but dates and times might change. Call 501. 918.3000 if you have questions.
BE MIGHTY connects kids and teens under 18 with free meals at several local libraries. They also support community food security with Little Free Pantries, cooking classes, and health and wellness classes. Click here to learn more.
SNAP NAVIGATORS offer assistance at several library locations. If you or someone you know needs help completing and filing a SNAP Application, click here for more information.
LITTLE FREE PANTRIES are an easy way for neighbors to help neighbors who need food or other items like hygiene products. They are a 24/7, zero barrier access point to food. Little Free Pantries not only support neighbors who are facing food insecurity. They empower people to make immediate changes toward their neighborhood. Give what you can by placing food, hygiene, or paper items inside the pantry. Your neighbors who need those items can freely take them from the pantry, no questions asked. If you see items inside and you them, take them and know your community cares for you. To further advance our mission, we hope you will give in the form of shelf-stable food donations to be distributed to the families that participate in our meal programs as well as to other food insecure patrons who visit our libraries for other programs & services. Donations can be made directly to LFPs, through our Amazon Wishlist, or through a drive hosted by your school or community group!
- Dee Brown Library – 6325 Baseline Road, Little Rock 72209
- Fletcher Library – 823 N. Buchanan Street, Little Rock 72205
- McMath Library – 2100 John Barrow Road, Little Rock 72204
- Millie Brooks Library – 13024 AR-365, Wrightsville 72183
- Nixon Library – 703 W. Main Street, Jacksonville 72076
- Terry Library – 2015 Napa Valley Drive, Little Rock 72212
- Maumelle Library – 10 Lake Pointe Drive, Maumelle, AR. 72113
- Rooker Library – 11 Otter Creek Court, Little Rock, AR. 72210
- Thompson Library – 38 Rahling Circle, Little Rock, AR. 72223
- Children’s Library & Learning Center – 4800 W 10th Street, Little Rock 72202
COMPUTER TRAINING (DIGITAL LITERACY)
You can get 1-on-1 help from our Digital Literacy Guides with all of your digital and computer questions!
CALS has two in-house social workers who would be more than happy to meet with you and help connect you to the local and federal resources you need.
Call 501.918.3005 to be connected to Rebecca Beadle and Mekkos Barbee.