Author / Publisher Submission Process
Authors and publishers may submit review copies or promotional information about recently published books or other items for our collection. All materials must meet our Materials Selection Policy to be considered for addition to our collection. Self-published authors may also submit work for review, but these works must also meet our selection criteria.
The following factors will increase the likelihood that your work will be added to our collection:
1. A positive review in one of the major review journals (such as Booklist, School Library Journal, Library Journal, etc.) is the best way to bring a title to our attention.
2. An ISBN (International Standard Book Number) has been assigned to your work
3. The item is suitable for circulation. Bound book format; not spiral, loose leaf or other, not electronic format, high quality CD/DVD recording
4. Your work has had the benefit of a professional editor/proof reader
5. Your work is available through a major vendor such as Baker and Taylor or Ingram
6. There is a full Bibliographic Record (MARC) available
Due to staffing and time constraints, our selectors are not able to meet individually with authors or notify you if your work has been selected for our collection. If your item is accepted for our collection it will be added to our catalog (cals.bibliocommons.com) within 3 months. The first copy will be considered a donation. If further copies are needed, the library will purchase them.
Due to the volume of submissions we receive, review copies will not be returned. Review copies will either be added to our collection, if it meets selection criteria, or will be donated to our library book sale.
All items added to our collections are assessed on a routine basis for declining use, wear and tear and other factors. Titles may be withdrawn from the collection over time.
Review copies may be sent to:
Collection Development Department
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock St.
Little Rock, AR 72201
Please fill out this form and submit it with the review copy. If you are not sending a review copy, you may simply fill out this form and submit it via the web.