Saturday, July 8 – Ron Robinson Theater
- Must be an Arkansas resident.
- Must provide his or her own guitar.
- Must be an amateur player (no guitar teachers or professional musicians, please).
- Must not be related to an event judge or sponsor.
- Must not make more than 20% of their annual income playing the guitar.
- All competitors under age 18 must also provide signed parental consent to participate.
2 brackets to compete in. Youth (up to 17 years old) and Adult (18 years old +)
$30 reg fee includes free Tfirstname.lastname@example.org.ALL skill levels, beginner through advanced, eligible for cash prizes. Contact Dave Dunavant with any questions: 501 291-1171 or
- Competitors may play acoustic or electric 6-string, 7-string, or 12-string guitars (all other variations are NOT permitted).
- If a looper pedal is used, you will be judged in the backing track bracket. Links to backing tracks are under this section.
- A competition amplifier will be provided on stage. For the sake of consistency, all competitors will play through the competition amp.
- Competitors may bring their own pedal board or effects to plug into the competition amp.
- Solo guitar performances may not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Competitors may choose to play in standard tuning or in any alternate tuning of their choice.
- Competitors may only play fingerstyle, with a pick, or with a slide.
- Contestants will be called in alphabetical order by the judges.
- Contestants must be in tune and ready to play BEFORE they are called to the stage (there will be a test amp backstage for competitors to test gear before taking the stage).
- Any substantial delay (other than breaking a string) once on stage will result in points deducted at the discretion of the judges.
- Late arrivals will be eliminated from the event at the discretion of the event organizers.
- Any inappropriate behavior from a contestant will result in immediate disqualification at the discretion of the judges and/or event organizers.
All judges are established professional musicians/music educators in the Little Rock, Arkansas, area. If the judges determine a competitor has registered in the wrong division, they will recategorize the competitor in the appropriate category to reflect his or her skill level.
Competitors will be judged on the following criteria worth 100 total points:
- Technical Ability/Accuracy 25pts
- Musicality (Dynamics/Tone) 25pts
- Overall Difficulty 25pts
- Rhythmic Ability 25pts