Membership in Neighborhood Associations
The purpose of this policy is to encourage Central Arkansas Library System (CALS) staff members to participate in neighborhood organizations to build better relationships between CALS and groups who are working to improve conditions in their respective neighborhoods.
All full and part-time staff members are eligible.
1. The neighborhood association must be a non-profit entity organized primarily to work on issues in a defined geographic area. Organizations such as improvement districts that are established primarily to manage, support, or otherwise assist private or members only facilities are not eligible.
2. The organizations must accept members on a non-discriminatory basis.
3. The CALS employee must live or work within the boundaries defined by the neighborhood association or meet the minimum guidelines that are required by the association for membership.
LIMITS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT
1. On approval of the Executive Director or the Executive Director’s designee, CALS staff members shall be entitled to a reimbursement of 50% of the annual dues of the neighborhood association. In no case shall the reimbursement exceed $25 per year.
2. CALS shall pay for no more than 50% of one neighborhood association membership. Fees for membership in additional neighborhood associations are not eligible.
3. Proof of the cost of the annual membership such as a canceled check or a receipt stating that the CALS employee has paid their annual dues, must be submitted to the Executive Director or the Executive Director’s designee before a reimbursement will be authorized.
4. Funds for neighborhood association memberships shall only be expended from the CALS Foundation Fund.