Friends of CALS: Get Involved with Your Local Library
Each year Friends gives about $50,000 to support the Six Bridges Book Festival, book club kits, Arkansas Sounds concerts, branch programs, Summer Reading Club, and youth programs. Your membership fee and purchases at used book sales and The Galleries at Library Square are what make these gifts possible.
Become a Member
Friend/$35 • Senior (age 60+)/$25
• two tickets to one regular movie at Ron RobinsonTheater
• early entrance to the Friends Used Book Sale(Thursday, 5-7 p.m.)
• 10% discount on art and merchandise at The Galleriesat Library Square
• 50% discount on used books at The Galleries atLibrary Square (one-time during your birth month)
• subscription to the CALS Guide, weekly e-newsabout the latest at CALS
• invitations to members-only events
• Book Sale Preview Party at The Galleries at Library Square: Friends receive 50% off used books and10% off art and merchandise at the preview party
Family memberships have all the same benefits of individual memberships but are for 2 or more family members in the same household. Memberships are valid for one year, with renewal on the member’s purchase date. A membership card will be mailed to you, and membership cards must be presented for each individual’s admission to Friends events and for discounts. A valid ID must be provided for member’s birth month discount.
All benefits of Friend level, plus
• two tickets to the Six Bridges Book Festival Author Party and four tickets to an Arkansas Sounds concert
• invitations to VIP events
• free Friends of CALS cloth book bag (a $15 value)
Become a Volunteer
Join us! Become a Friends of CALS volunteer today and begin using your local library to raise money for education programs in Central Arkansas. Volunteers provide system-wide support for branches, the Bookstore and basement book sales, the Six Bridges Book Festival, the Galleries at Library Square, CALS Ron Robinson Theater, and other outreach efforts.
By using your local library as a volunteer opportunity, you can help Friends of CALS continue to provide programs like these. To apply to become a volunteer, please choose one of the following options:
Send your print application or any questions you might have about Friends of CALS to:
Polly Deems, Volunteer Coordinator
Central Arkansas Library System
100 Rock St.
Little Rock, AR 72201.
501-918-3085 • firstname.lastname@example.org