CALS Social Media Guidelines
By participating in any of Central Arkansas Library System social media pages, you must adhere to our posting guidelines. You are taking personal and full responsibility for your username, your posts, and any information provided. Your posts will be retained and may be subject to the Freedom of Information Act or to discovery under pending litigation.
While this is an open forum, posts will be subject to immediate removal if they contain:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination of protected classes;
- Sexual harassment content;
- Solicitations of commerce or advertisements including promotion or endorsement;
- Promotion or endorsement of political issues, groups, or individuals;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- Content intended to defame any person, group, or organization;
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, such as trademark or copyright infringement;
- Making or publishing of false, vicious, or malicious statements concerning any employee, the library system, or its operations;
- Violent or threatening content;
- Disclosure of confidential, sensitive, or proprietary information.
Users will be notified of any content removal. Repeat violators of this policy will be subject to being banned from all future posts.