Self-Published and Small Press Book Fair Registration
- Who can participate? Any author with a self-published book or book published by a small press, or any representative from a small press.
- Load in is Saturday, November 9, from 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. If you anticipate needing more time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Seating will be assigned. A map of seating will be available by Friday, November 8, at 5 p.m. Authors may not swap seating spaces, as the map will be made available to the public on that Sunday.
- Registration fees are non-refundable. Please consider this before registering.
- Registration will conclude when all spaces have been filled, or by Friday, November 1, at noon, whichever comes first.
- Authors will be responsible for all sales. Any books that go missing are not the responsibility of CALS.
- CALS will not sell the books for authors. Change and credit card machines will not be available. Please plan accordingly.
- Load out is from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 9. No books may be left at the library beyond this time.
The Central Arkansas Library System (CALS) shall have the power to interpret and enforce these terms and conditions governing Exhibitors. All matters and questions not covered by these terms and conditions shall be subject to the final judgment and decision of CALS. This Exhibitor Contract, when properly executed, shall be a binding agreement between two parties for this event. Exhibitors may only sell books. No other merchandise may be sold.
APPLICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
Registration for table space must be made via the enclosed contract. CALS reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any book for inclusion in the Self-Published and Small Press Book Fair. Acceptance does not carry CALS’s endorsement of the Exhibitor’s books. CALS reserves the right to refuse the contract or require the modification or removal of any book that is not in character with the event.
AGREEMENT TO CONDITIONS
Each Exhibitor agrees to abide by these terms and conditions and agrees that the sole control of the event rests with CALS.
ASSIGNMENT OF SPACE
Seating assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis, taking into consideration the date applications and payments are received, the amount of space requested, and special needs and compatibility of Exhibitors. CALS reserves the right to relocate assigned spaces. CALS will provide each exhibitor with part of one small table and one chair. Extra electrical outlets will not be made available.
CARE OF EXHIBIT SPACE
Exhibitors will keep booth spaces in orderly condition. Exhibitors may not place anything in the aisles during the Book Fair open hours.
OPERATING AND VACATING HOURS
The Exhibitor will maintain and operate tables between 9:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 9, 2019. The Exhibitor will remove all contents beginning at 1:00 p.m. and no later than 2:00 p.m. on November 9, 2019.
SUBLETTING OF SPACE
The Exhibitor may not assign or sublet any of its space and may not advertise or display goods other than the books designated. The space is for the Exhibitor’s exclusive use and only for the display and sale of books.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
There are no cancellations and no refunds. Please consider this before submitting your application.
The Exhibitor shall at all times protect, indemnify, save, and hold harmless CALS from any damage, liability, or expense arising from or out of any loss or injury to any property or person, including the Exhibitor, its agents, employees, and business invitees, which arise from or out of or by reason of the Exhibitor’s occupancy and use of the exhibition premises or a part thereof. The Exhibitor is encouraged to insure itself against property loss or damage and against liability for personal injury at its own expense.
Exhibitors shall pay all sales or other taxes, fees, or assessments required by any applicable federal, state, or local law in connection with Exhibitor’s participation in the event. The Exhibitor shall indemnify, defend, and hold CALS harmless for any taxes (including fees and penalties, if any) required to be paid by CALS in connection with the Exhibitor’s activities under this contract. The Exhibitor shall provide CALS with all requested documentation to evidence Exhibitor’s compliance with tax law and rules.
9:40 Justin Freeland
9:50 Cae Cordell
10 a.m. Elliana Temple
10:10 Randy Baker
10:20 Phyllis Hodges
10:30 J. Scott Stewart
10:40 R. A. Rogers
10:50 Adrienne Thompson
11 a.m. Melinda Falgoust
11:10 Frederick Wilson
11:20 Freshawn Womack
11:30 Brenda Harrison
11:40 Phillip Cottingham
11:50 Kristine Cali
Noon Butler Center Books
12:10 Robert Lashley
12:20 Madelon Scallet
12:30 Challa Fletcher
12:40 Jim Yeager
12:50 Michael Don Fess