Upcoming Events › Book Club
An event every month that begins at 2:00 pm on day First of the month, repeating until February 4, 2020
Meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month at 2 p.m. Share and discuss books you are currently reading. All genres and people are welcome. No registration is required.
An event every month that begins at 11:30 am on day First of the month, repeating until May 1, 2020
Bring a recipe to share from your favorite cookbook, tips on execution, and why you loved it. This book club will be potluck style with changing themes and will meet on the first Friday of the month.
Friday, February 7th : Bread Month. Quick breads, sweet breads, any bread!
Contact email@example.com for more details.
This book club has been around probably as long as the Maumelle Library has been open. We are always looking for new members with a love of reading and discussing books. Copies of the book are available for checkout at the library.
This month’s book is Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson.
We read non-fiction books including true crime, biographies/memoirs, self help, current events, social sciences/politics.
Occurs the 2nd Thursday of every month excluding holidays.
- January – Murder in Matera: A True Story of Passion, Family, and Forgiveness in Southern Italy by Helene Stapinski
- February – Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-first Century by Jessica Bruder
- March – The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann
- April –
An event every month that begins at 8:00 am on day Fourth of the month, repeating until January 1, 2021
Each month members will read and discuss a book that relates to the hip hop culture.
January: Meet & Greet/ Vote on books for 2020.
An event every month that begins at 6:30 pm on day Fourth of the month, repeating until June 30, 2020
One event on November 19, 2019 at 6:30 pm
One event on December 17, 2019 at 6:30 pm
We will meet at 6:30 pm on the fourth Tuesday of the month.
Tuesday, December 17 | Potluck & Book Talk (no assigned book)
Tuesday, January 28 | The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Tuesday, February 25 | Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
Tuesday, March 24 | There, There by Tommy Orange
This book club reads fiction & non-fiction books.
Occurs the 4th Tuesday of every month excluding holidays.
- January – Swamplandia! by Karen Russell
- February – A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- March – Call the Midwife: A Memoir of Birth, Joy, and Hard Times by Jennifer Worth
- April – The Things They Carried by Tim O’Brien
- May – Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- June –