Upcoming Events › Book Club
One event on August 27, 2019 at 6:30 pm
We will meet at 6:30 pm on the third or fourth Tuesday of the month.
Tuesday, July 23 | The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery
Tuesday, August 27 | Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
Tuesday, September 17 | 2020 Selection & Call the Midwife by Jennifer Worth
Tuesday, October 22 | Pick your own: Agatha Christie Mystery
This book club reads fiction & non-fiction books.
Occurs the 4th Tuesday of every month excluding holidays.
- August: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- September: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- October: Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann
- November: Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates (Thursday, Nov. 19)
- December: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender (Thursday,
Do you love browsing through cookbooks and trying new recipes? Join the new book club at Milam Library.
Here’s how to participate:
- Check out a selected cookbook from the library.
- Choose a recipe from the cookbook.
- Turn in recipe to the library or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare the recipe and bring it to share at the meeting.
The Cookbook Book Club is free and open to all who prepare &
One event on September 5, 2019 at 6:30 pm
One event on October 3, 2019 at 6:30 pm
One event on November 7, 2019 at 6:30 pm
Like a book club, for cookbooks! Each month, we will vote for a new cookbook in our collection to feature, with an emphasis on healthy, budget friendly fare. The featured book will be held at the library all month for reference. Then, we will each select a recipe to prepare and sample with the group for next month’s meeting.
Get in on the fun! Simply select a recipe from the book on display, and show up with your prepared dish to share.