Make Your Website with WordPress (three-part course)
Having your own website is a must for small businesses, entrepreneurs, freelancers, artists, and… almost anybody! But it can feel intimidating to jump into web design and all the complexity of maintaining a modern website.
Thankfully, there’s WordPress–the Web’s most popular content management system–to make things easier! In this three-part course, you’ll learn the basics of WordPress while setting up your first site. You’ll find out how to:
- Understand the organization of your site
- Create the pages you need
- Add other content, like photos and blog posts
- Make it easy for your visitors to find what they’re looking for
- Keep your site friendly for social media sharing
- And more!
WordPress makes it wonderfully easy to create and maintain a website, but running any website requires basic computer skills. Therefore, attendees for this course should already be comfortable with:
- Effectively using the keyboard and mouse
- Quickly and easily accessing their email
- Finding and managing files on their computer
- Navigating well-designed websites
- Basic online terminology like “site,” “download,” and “link”
This course is being presented as a Zoom webinar series. Registration is required, but you can register anytime–even after the session begins! It might be helpful to install Zoom on your computer or mobile device beforehand (which you can do by clicking here).
- This event has passed.
Date and TimeFebruary 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Tuesday, repeating until February 24, 2021