Web Development Mini-Camp
Ever wanted to know what’s under the hood of a modern website–or build one yourself? Your favorite websites use complex, interesting technology to give users a great online experience. In the Web Development Mini-Camp, you’ll dig deeply into those technologies to talk about how the web works. Using a virtual webserver, you’ll:
- Create your own WordPress-based website
- Get a feel for the Linux command line
- Explore the database at the heart of modern websites
- Learn tools and techniques used by professional web developers
- …and more
Any registrant 12 or older is welcome to attend. However, this is an intermediate-to-advanced-level event, so attendees should already have a basic grasp of computer terminology and skills. For instance, attendees should know how to:
- Use the keyboard and mouse comfortably
- Navigate and manage a computer’s files and folders
- Copy and paste
- Easily navigate well-designed websites
- Quickly and reliably access their email
- Navigate with tabs in a modern Web browser
- Use essential technology terms such as “hard drive” and “download” correctly
Attendees should plan to attend all five sessions.
The Web Development Mini-Camp will take place in the technology classrooms on the 3rd floor of the Main Library. You can register on this page, or via email (email@example.com) or phone (501-918-3068).
- This event has passed.