True Stories Book Club
This book club reads non-fiction books including true crime, biographies/memoirs, self-help, current events, social sciences/politics.
Occurs the 2rd Thursday of every month excluding holidays.
- March – The Pioneers: The Historic Story of the Settlers Who Brough the American Ideal West by David McCullough
- April – Caste: The Origins of Our Discontent by Isabel Wilkerson
- May – The Coddling of the American Mind by Greg Lukianoff & Jonathan Haidt
- June – High Latitudes: An Arctic Journey by Farley Mowat
- July – Thank You for Being Late: An Optimist’s Guide to Thriving in the Age of Accelerations by Thomas L. Friedman
- August – This is the Story of a Happy Marriage by Ann Patchett
- September – The Road from Coorain by Jill Ker Conway
- October – The Splendid and the Vile: A Sage of Churchill, Family, and Defiance During the Blitz by Erik Larson
- November – The Woman’s Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote by Elaine Weiss
This is an in-person program. We meet in the Nixon library meeting room.
Please contact the Nixon Library if you would like to attend. (501)457-5038