True Stories Book Club
This book club reads non-fiction books including true crime, biographies/memoirs, self-help, current events, social sciences/politics.
Occurs the 2rd Thursday of every month excluding holidays.
- December – The Library Book by Susan Orlean
- January – Our Town by James M. Fallows
- February – Sully: My Search for What Really Matters by Chesley Sullenberger
- March – Enemies: A Love Story by Isaac Bashevis Singer
- April – Sapiens: A Brief History Of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- May – Hidden Valley Road: Inside the Mind of an American Family by Robert Kolker
- June – Crazy Brave by Joy Harjo
- July – March, Book 1 by John Lewis, Nate Powell, and Andrew Aydin (Graphic Novel series)
- August – Tevye the Dairyman and Moti the Cantor’s Son by Sholom Aleichem
- September – The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of 9/11 by Garrett M. Graff
- October – A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail by Bill Bryson
- November – The Dressmakers of Auschwitz: The True Story of the Women Who Sewed to Survive by Lucy Adlington
- December – Riding the Bus with My Sister: A True Life Journey by Rachel Simon
This is now an in person program. We will be meeting in the Nixon library meeting room.
The library is strongly encouraging everyone to practice social distancing and wearing a face mask is required at this time while in the library building.
Please contact the Nixon Library if you would like to attend. (501)457-5038