The Internet brings a lot of great things into our lives, and these days we’re living more of our lives online. Reports of technology-based fraud and security breaches can make the digital world seem scary, but—just like in the real world—you can keep yourself safe if you know how to use a few basic tools and some common sense.
In this class, you’ll learn some of those tools and techniques, such as:
- Using a password manager to protect your information online (and save you from having to remember all your passwords)
- Creating a secure password that’s also easy to remember
- Signing into your accounts using two-step verification, which adds an extra layer of security
- Shopping online with payment services that protect your financial information
- Avoiding simple mistakes that can lead to security problems online
- And more
The class is being offered as a Zoom webinar. Registration is required, but you can register anytime (even during the session)! It might be helpful to install Zoom on your computer or mobile device beforehand (which you can do by clicking here).